CATRE-I & IO: Immediate Market Opportunities
Potential customers / applications listed below are accustom to purchasing “one off” or “low volume” technologies and emissions restrictions are minimal, thus reducing the cost & # of barriers to entry .
What does this technology do?
- Extends flight time by up to 10 times (for a given pay load)
- Allows for both "gas" powered flight for extended duration and electric only flight, when noise emission is critical as well as in flight recharging.
- Smaller size enables more flexibility in air-frame and cargo hold design
- Provides surplus electrical power for communication to base station (audio / video feed & control)
Who needs a hybrid micro generator today?
- Television and movie industry
- Agriculture / Land management
- Fire departments / First responders
- Search and rescue
- Oil and gas exploration
- Disaster relief
Why a Hybrid Micro Generator?
Regardless of the "type" of battery one chooses, the energy density of liquid fuels is still orders of magnitude more power dense. The graphs below illustrate this point, as well as the flying weight vs. battery life trade-off point. This means the CATRE has a distinct advantage over both battery powered & liquid fuel powered craft. Remember, the CATRE is approximately 10 x lighter than batteries & 2.5 times lighter than liquid fuel generators, for a give power demand.