SineWaves Inc was started when engineer Matthew Wright pulled together 4 friends to invest in his idea for a new engine / generator concept he been sketching.
Along with filing a Provisional Patent the team decided to build a proof of concept engine to help mature the concept. Within a year Matt Wright, Curt Mohney, and Randy McGee, along with friends / partners Bryce Kroha & Brian Nese had designed, procured and fabricated the worlds first CATRE.
Curt and Matt went to Kettering University (formerly GMI) together & later worked together at Saleen in Irvine California where they met Randy and together had great success designing and building performance sports cars.
A history of remarkable successes already exists between this team of friends and there is only more to come.
Matthew W. Wright
General Motors Institute , M.E - Cognate: Chassis & Engine Design
Lean Manufacturing Practitioner – Goodrich Aero-structures, Chula Vista, CA - 2008
Bob Bondurant Driving School (SCCA Licensed) - 2001
2011–2014: Ricardo, Inc. Chief Engineer, Detroit, Mi
l2007-2011: Independent Engineering Consultant, Ca
2005-2007: Saleen Inc. Production Manager, Irvine, Ca
2000-2005: Saleen Inc. Lead Engineer Saleen S7 TT , Irvine, Ca
Select Professional Experiences
- Lead power-train engineer for amphibious tracked vehicle, including engine, cool pack, fuel systems, and transmission interface
- Powertrain lead engineer for medium volume series hybrid road vehicle
- Production responsible for ALMS & FIA Competition S7 Race Cars (’06-’07, approx. 8 x cars, including LeMans winning Saleen S7, GTS Class 2010)
- Production responsible for Saleen S7 Twin Turbo Street Cars (approx. 40 x cars)
- lDesign responsible, Composite Bodywork, layup schedule & tooling Saleen S7 & S7R
- Design responsible: S7 Composite Chassis (Chromoly, Aluminum, Nomex, etc)
- Production responsible for Parnelli Jones 5.0L Saleen Mustangs (‘06-’07, 500 x cars)
- Engineering Consultant: Arciero -Miller Nitto Tire Development program
- Pit Captain - 2004 Baja 1000 & 500 Champions, Arciero – Miller Trophy Truck Class
- Developed Saleen 7.0L Twin Turbo 750 CARB Certified Street Car EngineDesign responsible for twin screw positive displacement supercharger, 3L